StandBy, Support After Suicide
StandBy Support After Suicide is Australia’s national suicide postvention program dedicated to supporting individuals and communities bereaved or impacted by suicide. This may include supporting families, friends, children, witnesses, first responders, practitioners, schools, workplaces and communities who have experienced a death by suicide either recently or in the past.
In the South Eastern NSW, StandBy leads the NSW Post Suicide Support Initiative, a NSW Ministry of Health Towards Zero Suicide program, in partnership with Roses in the Ocean, Jesuit Social Services and University of New England to provide the below support options.
- 24/7 phone support – 1300 727 247
- Direct face-to-face, online and telephone support for up to 2 years
- Support with navigating processes such as coroners, funerals and media
- Specialised suicide bereavement counselling (free and unlimited)
- Peer support through lived experience workers and support groups
- Coordinated connections with local services and groups
- Information and resources for individuals, communities and workforces www.standbysupport.com.au
- Community capacity building – consultation, trainings, workshops and events
Anyone can reach out directly for support via 1300 727 247